Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My US Investment - part 1

I have decided to start a series of posts on my next endevour, investing in the USA.

To date, I have been doing significant research and have decided on a market and a product type.  I have looked a various states and home styles, so this has been a bit exhaustive.

The method of purchasing is new to me, so I am excited to get started.  On Thursday, I am meeting the bank to free up some cash to send to my US trust account.  Once my money arrives, I will begin shopping online for my investment property.

I am looking over the next year to "flip" a number of properties to build a cash reserve then start buying and "holding" some properties for the longer term when the market begins it's recovery.

Step #1 has been establishing a line of credit that I can buy homes for cash.  I suggest you use lilianne.eid@td.com

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Hey....Great Blog

    I really like this blog, its very interesting

    You can check out mine too and you can leave your comments there....

    http://www.glamourrentals.com/

    http://glamourrentals.blogspot.com/

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Greg! We'll be keeping a close eye on this and hopefully join you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My line of credit will be processed by the law firm this week, so I will be sending my money down likely end of next week or early the following week.

    I have been checking on the potential properties, there are some really interesting options.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if you read, but I did buy a property and now I am counting down the days until it is sold firm. Once I am done, it will be onto the next home!

    ReplyDelete