Saturday, December 4, 2010

Is real estate a good retirement strategy?

In the recent poll on this site, 97% of respondants said that real estate is an effective piece to include in a retirement puzzle.

This gets me to thinking, how many people actually have a strong retirement plan.  Have you taken the time to sit down and actually plan, see how much money you should have, what type of lifestyle and how you are going to make things happen when you retire?

I have been analysing my plan and have been constantly updating my retirement plan.  I am using real estate as the major source of my retirement planning.  Going forward in 2011, I think the question we all have to ask ourselves is "How am I going to retire?"

With almost 9 million babyboomer (approximately 1/3 of the Canadian population) heading into retirement in the coming 15 years, this will have a major effect on the availability of funding for younger Canadian's retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment