Each home you purchase is an investment. I strive to make sure your home purchase is a good decision now and in the future. I work with buyers/sellers/investors on all styles of properties. I work hard to help potential home buyers reach their goals. Bennett Real Estate Pros were #1 (KWRI 2010 and 2011, www.bennettpros.com). We strive to offer 5 star service to clients in their search for their most important asset. We’re Platinum Club members, the top 1% of realtors in the world.
Saturday, February 6, 2016
The city’s draft proposals for coach houses include:
• How big can they be? A coach house can’t more than 40 per cent of the footprint of the house, up to 1,022 square feet. They also can’t cover more than 40 per cent of the lot;
* How small can they be? The city wouldn’t regulate the minimum size, but the Ontario Building Code — the dictates of which they must meet — means a “bachelor” tiny home is about 145 square feet, plus a bathroom.
• Don’t bother the neigbhours: Coach houses shouldn’t affect the privacy, shadowing or overlook of neighbouring houses;
• No country for coach houses: Coach houses won’t be allowed in rural areas where homes are on private wells and septic systems.
• 411 on the 911: They also won’t be allowed on townhouse lots because of the difficulty of access with emergency vehicles.